I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “We think digital is a more effective marketing tool than print.” Another favorite, when a client says “Digital’s lower response is offset by its lower cost.”
I don’t think It’s an either/or situation, print is a valuable part of any marketing mix, or it certainly should be. Print has been proven time and time again it can be a major driver of online sales.
Some interesting points I’d like to share:
- Direct Mail is Far More Persuasive Than Digital Media; It Has a 20% Higher Motivation Response
- Print Gets Read-66% of Direct Mail is Opened-With 82% of Mail Pieces Being Read for One Minute or More
- Customer Response Rates Increased Year-Over-Year by 43%
- Prospect Response Rates More Than Doubled-An Astounding 190% Increase
- 78% of Consumers React to Direct Mail Immediately; When They’re Interested, 44% Visit Brands Website and 34% Search Online for More Information
- 75% of Consumers Use Catalogs to Browse and Research Products and 31% Have Catalog Handy When Making an Online Purchase
- Consumers Understand and Remember What They Read on Paper Better Than What They Read on Screen
Print and direct mail definitely have a higher-cost than their online counterpart. To be effective marketers have to create higher impact. Keep these simple things top of mind when planning your next campaign.
- Be Bold
- Use Visuals
- Targeted Data
- Keep it Simple
Build a direct mail campaign using powerful, bold, visual creative and dialed-in data insights and you’re sure to see the positive results you’re looking for.
*Article Written by: Fred Schulze: VP Sales & Customer Care at AM Solutions
Why do E-Commerce Companies Send Print Catalogs?
DMA Statistical Fact Book 2017
Print Drive Online Sales
A Bias for Action: The Neuroscience Behind the Response-Driving Power of Direct Mail Study